We are the Typelings. A group of friends from AZ who love to read, write, and discuss our various creative endeavors. We're going to take this week to introduce ourselves! Hopefully you'll spread the word as we get going on posts and such, so that we can have lots of friends come hang out here on the blog!
![]() |
| The Original Four |
Page and Hero were already friends, and Dash and Gray were already friends. Then Dash and Page became "bloggy buddies," and Page found out through Dash that Gray had self-published a novel, and asked if she (Page) could interview her (Gray). Said interview happened, and a week later the four got together for the first time, to chat books and publishing (among other girly stuff. Because that's what girls do).
Thus, the Typelings were born. And the rest is history.
Two months ago, Rogue was added to the bunch, and not three days prior to this post a sixth writer joined the group... but we're still working on her code name... *evil laughter* and ANOTHER will likely be added before this week is up... you shall be kept informed.
Today we'd like to introduce to you Hero and Gray.
![]() |
| Hero |
(Follow on Twitter @herolondon)
1. What is your favorite thing to do besides read or write?
I love to create. Crafts, painting, making movies, sewing, refurbishing an ugly piece of furniture into something fabulous-- I love it all. I also love to read and hang out with my family.
2. What is your favorite genre of literature, if you have one?
I'm not sure what my favorite genre is right now. I used to be way into YA fantasy, which I still am (Shout out to Page and Rogue!), but it's slowed down a bit. YA Paranormal is fun. (Shout out to Gray!) I also love anything Austenian or Regency.
3. Do you have a favorite book or series of books? If so what?
If the question is about which book/series I obsess over the most, then the answer is the ultimate of ultimates: Harry Potter.
4. Which do you prefer, reading or writing?
I just love words. I love escaping. I love descriptions that carry me off, make me sigh, or pound my heart. And I love characters. It's the grown-up version of having imaginary friends.
5. What do you love most about literature?
It depends on the mood. Reading is relaxing. Writing is creating. I get my lazy fix with one and my "playing god" fix with the other. Either way, it's hanging out with characters I love or love to hate (see #4)
6. What is your favorite color?
Tiffany Blue
7. What is your favorite food?
Chocolate. And almond butter. Or chocolate and almond butter. Depends on the punctuation or craving.
8. What is your favorite type of music?
I've taken to listening to Tim Burton style soundtracks while writing (Edward Scissorhands...sigh. Danny Elfman, you're a genius!)
9. Chocolate or chips? (Sweet or salty?)
Um... see #7
10. How do you eat an Oreo?
Oh, this is a very important process. First, I dip the Oreo in milk for a few seconds. Then I eat the milk-soaked part. Then I dip again. Eat milk-soaked part. Repeat until Oreo is consumed. Then I take a sip of milk to cleanse the palate before moving on to the next Oreo.
![]() |
| Gray |
Next up: Gray
(Follow on Twitter @BritneyJensen)
1. What is your favorite thing to do besides read or write?
My favorite things to do besides read or write would be running (when I'm not 8 months pregnant), and vacationing. Escapism much?
2. What is your favorite genre of literature, if you have one?
I like a lot of literary genres, mostly fiction. But, I always find myself gravitating more towards science fiction and drama, and I occasionally like to scare myself with a good horror novel.
3. Do you have a favorite book or series of books? If so what?
I've narrowed my favorite books down to three, which seemed like a hard task until I looked at the state these three books are in. I've read each half a dozen times at least and they are all on the verge of disintegrating. They are: Boys' Life, by Robert McCammon; Something Wicked This Way Comes, by Ray Bradbury; and One Hundred Years of Solitude, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I'd be a fool not to also say that among my favorites are Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, both by Orson Scott Card.
4. Which do you prefer, reading or writing?
I prefer reading over writing any day of the week. Aaaand I'm not even going to try to dissect why. Let's just move on.
5. What do you love most about literature?
There are so many things I love about literature, but mostly that it gives you the opportunity to travel, to live in different times, to live in someone's head, to experience things you otherwise never would. Literature takes you places and tells you things. It teaches you how to understand situations and the people experiencing them. It gives you depth and character and empathy.
6. What is your favorite color?
My favorite color is green.
7. What is your favorite food?
My favorite food is Eggs Benedict. But really, I'm happy with most breakfast foods.
8. What is your favorite type of music?
My favorite type of music is Indie Rock - a la Metric and the Yeah Yeah Yeah's. Let's all support indie artists!
9. Chocolate or chips? (Sweet or salty?)
Great question. My life is one big balancing act of the two. If I have chocolate, I must then eat chips to balance it out and vice versa. It's a vicious, never-ending cycle.
10. How do you eat an Oreo?
I twist the Oreo open, eat the center first, then dip the cookies in milk and finish it off. Is there another way to do it?
There you have 'em folks! The first two members of the Tyepelings out there for your viewing/approval/judgement/love. Give them lots of love and leave a comment saying HELLO!



Yeah! I've been Looking forward to this blog getting off the ground! can't wait to hear more from you all!
ReplyDeleteHello to my favorite typeling-Hero! But of course I birthed her-in a lazy boy rocker recliner-so of course I'm partial. ;-)
ReplyDeleteCute pictures! I enjoyed reading this very much.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun idea! I've been trying to get my writing blog off the ground. Do you have any tips for a fledgling blog writer such as myself? I'm also your newest follower.
ReplyDelete