Monday, October 29, 2012

The Typelings Talk - IV

Last intro post, friends! Today we're introducing a few more awesome Typelings, in the hope that you'll REALLY LIKE THEM!

For your enjoyment, let us begin...



http://picasion.com/
Batman
Batman

1. What is your favorite thing to do besides read or write?

First, I’m a foodie, so I enjoy cooking, trying new restaurants and watching Food Network. Second, I trained in musical theater for a few years, so I try to practice singing regularly. Third, I prowl the rooftops at night and bring justice to the criminal underworld. Don’t tell anyone about the third one.

2. What is your favorite genre of literature, if you have one?
I don’t think I can pick just one. I read sci-fi, fantasy, humor, contemporary, children’s and grown-up, classic literature – everything from Shakespeare, Austen, Dumas and Poe to Brandon Sanderson, Ernest Cline, Jeffrey Deaver and Douglas Adams. I’ll read just about anything that catches my interest. There’s something to learn about writing from each, and I enjoy them equally.

3. Do you have a favorite book or series of books? If so what?
The Count of Monte Cristo is my absolute favorite book. Dumas was a master at building to moments of incredible emotional intensity. It’s a long book, but the payoff is more than worth it.

4. Which do you prefer, reading or writing?
Wow. That’s like asking if I prefer inhaling or exhaling. They’re two halves of the same coin and I don’t really know how to separate them. I love books, whether I’m reading or writing them.

5. What do you love most about literature?
When I’m reading, I love escaping into stories and feeling a kinship with the characters I’m reading about. I love books that make me want to jump up and cheer. When I’m writing, the freedom of creating any world or character that I want, the satisfaction of inspiring emotion in my readers and taking them on a journey with me, is incredibly satisfying.

6. What is your favorite color?
Silver and dark purple

7. What is your favorite food?
I’m Italian, so I have to pick that or I’ll get in trouble with my mom. Seriously, though, nothing beats the comfort of my generations-old family recipes that came over on the boat from Sicily. After that, Thai food all the way.

8. What is your favorite type of music?
I have something of everything, so it just depends on what mood I’m in. I suppose I’ve loved rock and Broadway music the longest, and yeah, those choices couldn’t be more different from each other! When I’m writing I mostly listen to super-chill relaxation music, more for insulating myself within the story than for entertainment. I also listen to a ton of comedy.

9. Chocolate or chips? (Sweet or salty?)
Chocolate chips? Chips dipped in chocolate? I pick sweet AND salty because I’m a rebel like that and don’t follow the rules of civilized society.

10. How do you eat an Oreo?
Mercilessly and with reckless abandon, as if I’m wreaking vengeance upon the cookie community for atrocities committed against my people.


Lady
Next up: Lady!


1. What is your favorite thing to do besides read and write? 
I love to sing and play the piano. 

2. What is your favorite genre of literature, if you have one? 
My favorite is historical fiction, but science fiction (Ray Bradbury, Kurt Vonnegut) holds a special place in my heart.

3. Do you have a favorite book or series of books? If so, what? 
"The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society". If you have never read it, YOU HAVE TO! It is beautifully written!

4. Which do you prefer, reading or writing? 
I would much rather sit down and write. I'm a visual person and writing allows me to see the effort I'm putting into it.

5. What do yo ulove most about literature? 
I love that there is always something to learn or absorb. I love a good romance to lift my spirits, a science fiction novel to get me thinking and a biography to appreciate those who came before me.

6. What is your favorite color? 
Happy red, not Scorsese red.

7. What is your favorite food? 
Homemade Caesar Salad. I could eat that every week!

8. What is your favorite type of music? 
I like too many to narrow it down, but I love 40s/50s crooners and jive.

9. Chocolate or chips? (Sweet or salty?) 
M&M popcorn does that answer your question? * winking *

10. How do you eat an Oreo? 
I eat my Oreos just like Hero, except I drink half of my milk after two Oreos, then continue the process for the other two and finish off the milk, that way I'm not stuck with a ton of milk after scarfing down my Oreos.

Another friend you'll hear from is our one-and-only-honorary-out-of-state member, code named Pinnochio. He's been a member of a couple of group blogs in the past, so we're using his expertise to get this thing going  and make sure we're all happy and having fun at the same time. We'll probably hear his interview answers the first time he posts here :-)

There they are! And now you know ALL of us. Keep your eyes open for more posts from the other Typelings coming soon!

-Page

3 comments:

  1. I am currently reading The Count of Monte Cristo for the second time. Definitely on my short list of favorite books. It is an example of how a serialized novel can be used to an amazing effect. The best by far of Alexandre Dumas's works. Though I have yet to Read Ten years after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally caught Lady's "The Holiday" reference. Scorsese red. Ha ha ha!!!

    I love it.

    These guys are fabulous. This is going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha Lady! The Holiday is a great flick. And Batman, I totally want to read The Count of Monte Cristo now. I've been meaning to for years, but I think the time is right.

    ReplyDelete